Powerball Australia is among the most popular lotteries in ‘The Lucky Country’. It was launched on May 23, 1996. The lottery is operated by the Tatts Group under the name the Lott and its regulated subsidiaries. The lotteries from Down Under offer some of the best winning odds and the prizes are all paid 100% tax-free.
This should be reason enough for you to start playing Powerball Australia! Luckily, you can easily play the Aussie Powerball (and many other lotto games) from anywhere in the world, using the leading online lottery messenger service, theLotter.
Powerball Australia Rules
The rules of the Powerball Australia are very simple: select 7 numbers between 1 and 35 and an additional number, called the Powerball, from a range of 1 to 20. You can manually select your lucky numbers or choose the Quick Pick feature, which automatically generates them randomly.
If you match all the 8 numbers, you will win an amazing jackpot which always starts at AU$ 3 Million! Every time the first prize reaches AU$ 10 Million, the jackpot increases by an additional AU$ 10 Million with each draw where it is not won. This way, the Powerball Australia jackpot can reach staggering amounts. The current jackpot record is AU$ 160 Million won by a single player in October 2022.
What Time Is the Powerball Australia Draw?
The official Powerball Australia draw takes place once a week, every Thursday, at 20:30. After every weekly draw, you can check the results online below. This way you will always stay informed, especially in case you won one of the attractive Powerball Australia prizes! Make sure you never miss the good news!
How to Play Powerball Australia Online?
Playing Powerball Australia online with theLotter is both safe and legal. With this convenient method, you can play from the comfort of your own home, without having to travel and buy your lottery tickets in person. All you need to do is create an account to start playing Powerball Australia or any other major international lottery.
Company representatives will buy official tickets, on your behalf, only from reputed and licensed retailers, and you will receive the scanned versions in your player’s account. If you win a prize, you will find updates in your account, or receive an SMS notification if you opt for the free alert. Once you become an online player, you get access to discounts, offers and special features designed to increase your chances to win the lottery.
Time needed: 7 minutes
Here is a step-by-step tutorial of how to play Powerball Australia online on theLotter:
- Choose Your Ticket
You will first need to choose between a standard ticket, a share in a Powerball Australia syndicate or whether you want to use a bundle.
- Select 7 main numbers
Once you have selected the Powerball Australia, you will need to select your numbers, starting with the main numbers. You have to choose 7 numbers out of 35.
For doing so, you can either click the Quick Pick button for a random selection or pick your Powerball Australia main numbers yourself. If you want to change some of the numbers after Quick-Picking, you can do that manually.
- Select the Powerball number
You also have to pick the extra number Powerball from a different range of 1 to 20. The Powerball number is required to win the jackpot and some of the secondary prizes.
- Register or log-in into your Account
You need an account to play on theLotter. If you don’t have one, you will be asked to make one. If you already created your account, you will need to log in before you can play.
- Finalize your purchase
Pick a payment method that works for you to complete the purchase of your Powerball Australia ticket. You will get a confirmation email for the ticket once your are done.
Advantages of Playing Powerball Australia Online
Playing Australia Powerball online comes with a lot of advantages. Apart from being the most convenient way to participate in the next draw without leaving your home, there are other important aspects to consider.
- You get an official entry. When you buy your Powerball Australia ticket from a reputed lottery messenger service, you will receive the scanned copy of your official entry. With theLotter, you get the guarantee that every ticket you purchase counts, as there are locally bought by company representatives, on your behalf, and stored in safes. This way you can rest assured that you spent your money on a valid ticket.
- No risk of losing your ticket. Lottery tickets can be misplaced, lost or stolen, which could potentially mean losing the opportunity of a lifetime. When buying your tickets online, you have no reason to worry. Your scanned tickets, ticket details, and proof of purchase are always available in your personal account!
- Automatic win notification. Another thing you don’t need to stress about! By choosing the free win alert, you will receive an SMS or an e-mail notification every time you win a prize. Your numbers are automatically checked, so you will never forget about a winning ticket!
- Cashing your prize is easy and hassle-free. If you win a secondary prize, the money will go straight into your account after the results are published and the sum was received from the official lottery operator. If you get lucky and win the jackpot or a larger prize, you may need to collect your prize in person. Don’t worry, theLotter will offer you assistance with this issue if need be.
Powerball Australia Results
As soon as the draws have taken place, you can find the Powerball Australia results here. These are the 10 latest Aussie Powerball results:
Odds of Winning Powerball Australia
The chances of winning the Powerball Australia are a bit worse than the odds of winning other Australian lotteries. However, the prizes are higher, which makes it a great lottery to play in order to win a life-changing amount.
The chances of winning the amazing Powerball Australia jackpot are 1 in 134,490,400, which are better than the ones of the US Powerball jackpot. Overall, 1 in 44 players wins a prize in each draw, which is an encouraging statistic! Below you can see the odds of winning all 9 prize divisions.
|Odds of Winning
|⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ + 🔴
|1 to 134,490,400
|1 to 7,078,443
|⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ + 🔴
|1 to 686,176
|1 to 36,115
|1 in 16,943
|1 in 1,173
|1 in 892
|1 in 188
|⚪⚪ + 🔴
|1 in 66
|1 in 44
How to Increase Your Odds of Winning Powerball Australia
There are ways for you to step up your game and increase your odds of winning the Powerball Australia prizes. When you play online with a reputed lottery messenger service, there are certain available features that you need to know about to create a winning strategy.
- Choose Powerball Australia Syndicates and play more entries! Everybody knows that the easiest way to increase your chances of winning any lottery is to buy more tickets. The more you play, the better your shot at winning! However, buying tens or hundreds of Powerball Australia tickets is an expensive method that most of us can’t afford. This is where syndicates come into play! By becoming part of a lottery syndicate, you share the price of a huge number of tickets with other players. The members of the group share the cost of purchasing the tickets, and in the case of winning, the prize is split according to how much money each member has contributed. If you play online, you don’t even have to set up your syndicate, theLotter will do it for you. You only need to select the syndicate option when getting your entries.
- Select Bundles to combine personal and group entries! Choose bundles if you want to mix personal and group entries, all coming with a better price. This play option allows you to create one personal entry and buy shares in a group. The cost of the group entries is shared with other players. With this method, you reduce your investment and increase your chances of winning.
- Improve your odds with systematic forms! Systematic forms allow you to play more numbers than regular lottery tickets. You will have a Powerball Australia entry that covers every possible combination of your selected numbers. You can choose from 8 and up to 14 numbers, which means that it is possible for winning numbers to appear on more than one ticket. In this case, you can get a prize multiplied, as you could have more tickets featuring some of the Powerball Australia numbers. With these supplementary lines, you surely improve your odds of winning a prize.
- Participate in every Powerball Australia draw! The official draw is held once a week, on Thursdays. To play successive draws without the effort of getting your entries each week, you can use the Powerball Australia subscription option on theLotter. This option will have you participate in every consecutive draw, with each 7th ticket coming for free. Another option you should consider is the Multi-draw package which allows you to select how many consecutive draws you want to participate in (5, 10, 25 or 52). This feature comes with discounts of up to 25% depending on how many draws you choose.
Powerball Australia vs US Powerball
What are the differences between the Powerball Australia and the US Powerball? The odds of winning the Australia jackpot are significantly better (1 in 134,490,400) than those of winning the odds of winning the US Powerball jackpot (1 in 292,201,338). The record jackpot is much more attractive for the US version, than it is for the Aussie Powerball, although with better odds, you have more chances of winning the Aussie version.
The game format is similar for both lotteries and it includes main numbers and the additional Powerball. Below you can see an overview of the main similarities and differences between the two popular lotteries.
|1 in 134,490,400
|Odds of Winning the Jackpot
|1 in 292,201,338
|7 Main Numbers + Powerball
|Numbers to Play
|5 Main Numbers + Powerball
|AU$ 107 million
|9 (Jackpot Included)
|Number of Prize Divisions
|9 (Jackpot Included)
|Wednesday & Saturday
More Powerball versions
There are 4 Powerball games in the world, and you can play them all on theLotter. The most famous is definitely the US Powerball thanks to its XXL jackpots that are unmatched in the lottery world. But, there is also a New Zealand Powerball across the Tasman sea, and a South African Powerball.
Powerball Australia FAQs
Anyone can play Powerball Australia, you don’t have to be an Australian citizen or even live in the country to play this game. You can legally play from anywhere in the world using an online messenger service provider that is licensed and authorized. theLotter is a reputed source for purchasing lottery tickets online.
You can easily play Powerball Australia online. All you need to do is create a theLotter account and start playing with your lucky numbers. You simply select your numbers and can opt for additional features such as syndicates, bundles or the Multi-Draw; and then wait for the next draw. Take your game to the next level!
To win the main prize of the Powerball Australia you need to match the 7 main numbers and the additional Powerball number. The main numbers are selected from a range of 1 to 35 and the additional number, from 1 to 10. Although the jackpots offered by Australia Powerball are not as high as the US Powerball jackpots, the chances of becoming a millionaire with the Aussie version of the game are much higher.
Australia Powerball is a great lottery you should definitely play if you want to score a life-changing prize. Although the prizes are smaller than those offered by US version, you still could become a millionaire. Start playing Powerball Australia online and get ready for the next draw! Good luck!